- Exclusive panel brings together experts to debate the latest metaverse trends, and the implications for the TV and film industry
- Major Hollywood studios content, re-rendered in immersive 6 Degrees of Freedom (“6DoF”) and compressed with the V-Nova PresenZ format will be showcased at the event
- The demos demonstrate how the V-Nova PresenZ volumetric movie format, offers unrivalled picture quality, low-latency, and natural parallax effect
London, UK – 17 October 2023 – At the ITTV International Forum’s TECH In ENTERTAINMENT event, Guido Meardi, CEO, V-Nova Ltd, will discuss the growing interest and adoption of immersive media and Extended Reality (XR), alongside experts from Meta, Endeavor VR, Sandbox, OneTwenty/1 and CAA.
The TECH In ENTERTAINMENT event takes place in Los Angeles, USA, 30 October-1 November 2023, and Guido Meardi will join the panel discussion entitled ‘Meta-Morphosis, a conversation on Web3, metaverse, VR, and AI’ that will highlight the profound impact these technologies will have on the TV and film industry. The event will also bring together Hollywood producers and representatives from the international AV market, as they share opportunities at a crossroads in innovation for the entertainment sector.
Following the panel debate, Gianluca Meardi, General Manager of V-Nova Studios, a new business unit dedicated to serving this growing sector, will introduce the company’s immersive technology to the North American market for the first time. Event attendees and members of the press will have an exclusive opportunity to experience it first-hand, with a live demonstration. The demonstration includes original 6DoF content as well as clips of premium content from leading studios. The content has been re-rendered and compressed with the V-Nova PresenZ format, allowing for a photorealistic, immersive, cinematic 6DoF experience, where users can literally step into the movie. Participants will gain insight into V-Nova PresenZ and MPEG-5 LCEVC technologies and how they enable a revolutionary form of premium entertainment that will be made available to consumers at scale.
Guido Meardi, CEO of V-Nova, said: “We’re delighted to participate in ITTV and to showcase demos that offer a glimpse into the future of entertainment. Our V-Nova PresenZ format stands alone in its ability to offer viewers the freedom to move within 6DoF cinematic experiences—delivering a level of quality that Hollywood can be proud of. At V-Nova, we’re incredibly proud to support creatives by pioneering this new 6DoF storytelling.”
Gianluca Meardi, General Manager of V-Nova Studios, added: “Personally, I believe we are at a pivotal moment, a singularity if you will, that is second only to the introduction of sound in the movie industry. We are striving to help the industry adapt to this new format, which promises to transform traditional video storytelling into fully immersive, lifelike, 6DoF experiences. Through adaptations from leading Studios, V-Nova Studios’ original productions, and a suite of enabling technologies, we’re making the future of digital entertainment come to life —imagine the ability to live inside a blockbuster movie!”
Event and session details:
- When: Tuesday 31 October, 3pm Following the panel ‘Meta-Morphosis, a conversation on Web3, metaverse, VR, and AI’
- Where: Gallery Bar at NeueHouse Hollywood, 6121 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA.
- Who: Guido Meardi, CEO of V-Nova, will take part in the panel discussion, Gianluca Meardi will be showcasing the V-Nova PresenZ demos.
For more information, please visit www.ittvfestival.com