PANASONIC CONNECT DEVELOPS IP-ENABLED COMPACT LIVE SWITCHER FOR HIGH-QUALITY VIDEO STREAMING AND WEBINARS
To be unveiled at 2023 NAB Show; 10bit processing enables easy broadcast-quality video production.
Bracknell, UK. 6th April 2023 – Panasonic Connect today announced that it has developed a new IP-compatible compact live switcher, the AV-HSW10 for easy, high-quality video streaming of university lectures, corporate webinars and other diverse live events. Based on Panasonic’s predecessor AW-HS50 live switcher, which has been widely used for various live productions, the new model features a compact body with 10bit processing and achieves higher operability, greater reliability and advanced functions such as IP compatibility, making this the ideal choice for contemporary live video production.
The AV-HSW10, which is scheduled for commercial release in the fourth quarter of this year, will be exhibited at the 2023 NAB Show featuring broadcasting equipment in Las Vegas, USA from April 15 to 19.
Broadcast-quality Video Production
The AV-HSW10 is Panasonic Connect’s response to the increasing demand for high-quality video used by companies and schools, as well as the need for labour-saving IP compatibility in video production. It supports the most widely used broadcasting protocols and features IP inputs/outputs such as NDI®1,2 and SRT in addition to SDI and HDMI, all contained in a conveniently compact and highly mobile notebook-size chassis.
When combined with IP-enabled PTZ cameras, it creates a simple IP-based video production system. The AV-HSW10 also supports RTMP for direct upload to streaming services, and USB Video Class for compatibility with web conferencing services. Systems can be adjusted based on the site size and platform, enabling one-person operation from production to distribution.
Increased Operability and Robust Design
The AV-HSW10 supports high-end production, including 10bit processing for broadcast-quality video. In addition, the popular design of its predecessor, the AW-HS50, has been enhanced for even greater operability and robustness. User-friendly buttons on the main unit, a handy T-shaped fader, and intuitive on-screen displays ensure easy, error-free operation — vital for live-venue production.
Furthermore, the AV-HSW10 will be compatible with the Panasonic Software Control Panel for viewing video and images in applications, as well as for easy, direct switching from a PC via a network3, allowing multiple people to work simultaneously for extra-efficient on-site operation.
Boasting IP-based convenience and high-quality video, the AV-HSW10 is the ideal choice for simplifying on-site video production and broadcasting, whether for a high-flex educational class, a webinar to enhance corporate presence or countless other live events.
- Broadcast-quality high-definition video in a compact, notebook-sized chassis.
- NDI®1,2, NDI®|HX1,2,4, SRT, and RTMP5 input/output as well as SDI and HDMI. USB terminal compatible with USB Video Class. Direct streaming from the unit for easy integration with web conferencing services.
- Simple, intuitive operation for live production and rugged chassis for worry-free reliability.
1NDI® is a new protocol developed by NewTek, Inc. that supports IP video production workflow. NDI® is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States and other countries. In this instance, NDI® is used to indicate low latency with high bandwidth NDI®, NDI®|HX is used to indicate high efficiency low bandwidth NDI®|HX.
2 Requires purchase of separate license. Please contact Panasonic sales rep for details.
3 Future support scheduled
4 NDI®|HX is supported for input only
5 RTMP is supported for output only.
For more information on the AV-HSW10, visit: Live Switchers | AV-HSW10 | Panasonic Connect
About Panasonic Group
A global leader in developing innovative technologies and solutions for wide-ranging applications in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, industry, communications, and energy sectors worldwide, the Panasonic Group switched to an operating company system on April 1, 2022, with Panasonic Holdings Corporation serving as a holding company and eight companies positioned under its umbrella. Founded in 1918, the Group is committed to enhancing the well-being of people and society and conducts its businesses based on founding principles applied to generate new value and offer sustainable solutions for today’s world. The Group reported consolidated net sales of Euro 56.40 billion (7,388.8 billion yen) for the year ended March 31, 2022. Devoted to improving the well-being of people, the Panasonic Group is united in providing superior products and services to help you Live Your Best. To learn more about the Panasonic Group, please visit: https://holdings.panasonic/global/
About Panasonic Connect Europe GmbH
Panasonic Connect Europe began operations on October 1st, 2021, creating a new Business-to-Business focused and agile organisation. With more than 400 employees and led by CEO Hiroyuki Nishiuma, the business aims to contribute to the success of its customers with innovative products and integrated systems and services – all designed to deliver its vision to Change Work, Advance Society and Connect to Tomorrow.
Panasonic Connect Europe is headquartered in Wiesbaden and consists of the following business divisions:
- The Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets and handhelds.
- The Media Entertainment Business Division incorporating Visual System Solutions offers a range of high brightness and reliable projectors as well as high quality displays; and Broadcast & ProAV offers Smart Live Production solutions from an end-to-end portfolio consisting of PTZ and system cameras, camcorders, the Kairos IT/IP platform, switchers and robotic solutions that are widely used for live event capture, sports production, television, and xR studios.
- Business and Industry Solutions delivers tailored technology solutions focused on Retail, Logistics and Manufacturing, using its unique Gemba Process Innovation approach. Its purpose is to increase operational efficiency and enhance customer experience, helping businesses to perform at their best, every day.
- Panasonic Factory Solutions Europe is helping to make smart factories a reality with its wide range of automated solutions including electronics manufacturing solutions, robot and welding systems and software solutions engineering.
For more information please visit: https://eu.connect.panasonic.com